Monday, January 31, 2011

Rabbit Trail

 Peek-a-boo!    
I know I'm a little early, but even though I "love" Valentine's Day (I have all my V-day decorations up to prove it), I still couldn't resist creating a little Easter fun while my friend Vicki was here.  We only had 6 days to try to cram in every craft we could.  She had never worked with paperclay before so thought this would be a great time to teach her.
Here she is working on covering her paper box.  
This is the beginnings of mine.
 
 
The creation of the rabbit's head just kind of evolved out of my head!
I didn't really know how it was going to turn out.  We started with an egg-shaped styrofoam form and a couple bent in half pipe cleaners for ears.  DON'T use pipe cleaners with paperclay.  It doesn't stick well.  But we forced it until it finally obeyed!
What a relief for me when the final product turned out so dang cute!
 
 I covered my rabbit head with fine glitter.
 
Vicki used mica.
 
 
 
Guess I better hurry and eat up the rest of the Valentine M&M's so I can get the Easter candy out soon!
Nighty-nite
XOXO

2 comments:

vivian said...

LOVE the bunny boxes! my mind is on easter crating too.. but I have to finish up a couple valentine things today first!
snow day here.. baking and creating!! yippee!!
hugs
vivian

Unknown said...

What a cute project!!!