Sunday, July 5, 2009

GOTTA HAVE IT

COFFEE..............
A 24 ounce, non-fat, mocha, no whip!


That's how I start every morning.....I just have to have it......or it's not pretty!
I have started my mornings with these for the past, hmmmmmm, at least 10 year. Probably longer. Since they got expensive fast, I got my own machine from Starbucks years ago. I have now progressed to my 3rd and most wonderful latte maker, the DeLonghi. It's all automatic and an addicted latte lover's dream.
So that's how my 4th of July started. Meanwhile, my hubby headed outdoors to clean our patio for the evening's guests.
We had wanted to throw a big party, but do to lack of energy, we opted for inviting a few couples for a potluck and swim. Since it was a special holiday I thought I better throw together a few decorations. Thank goodness for the Dollar Store.
A few red, white and blue balloons, 3 sheets of flag scrapbook paper, some star wire and candles and "wa-la"!


Even managed to find a flag banner that fit around our kitchen bar.

After enjoying a delicious potluck dinner of salads, warm BBQ chicken sandwiches, grilled asparagus, brownies homemade strawberry-rhubarb cobbler and ice cream, we hit the pool.

Some dear friends: Above pic, Chuck and Rosie VanEkin
Below: Sue and Brent Smith
Judy and Marty Barrett
We missed seeing any fireworks, but it was ok, because we had fun enjoying each others company and bobbing around in the pool.

So this afternoon Jami, Mike and the girls came over for a swim and dinner.
Luckily, Sofia really loves the water.

That's how we spent our holiday. With friends and family.
We missed not having our daughter, Bre and her family with us. But thankfully, she and the boys had a great day celebrating with church friends. And best of all, Kyle is only about a week from coming home from this long 2-month+ deployment. You can bet that Bre is counting the days down.
So friends, I hope your 4th was an enjoyable one and that you too spent it with friends and family and remembered to honor our military men and women.
Now it's time to head off to bed since I must be up at 5:30 to go to exercise....oh, yippee!?
XOXO Nancy
P.S. Believe it or not my next post will be my 100th! Wow, I can't believe it. I may have to think about doing a giveaway to one of my loyal blog followers. Stay tuned for details.

No comments: