Thursday, August 6, 2009

Heavy Heart

Tonight I am writing with a heavy heart.
I usually try to stay upbeat when I blog, but life has thrown me a curve balland I just can't seem to find "happy" today.
Two days ago my oldest, dearest, best friend, Diana, called to tell me that her father had passed away that morning and that she had just been diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer.
The "C" word.
Her words knocked the breath out of me. I was speechless for a full minute (and for those of you who know me, that is like an hour for me). What do I say to her. How do I let her know that my heart has just broke and my body is aching from sadness.
My mind seemed to shutdown. I couldn't think straight. I honestly am not sure what I said. But I know what I feel. I want to take it away. I want to put my hand inside her body and pull all that terrible disease out. I want to take all her sadness away.
I want to hold her, hug and let her know what our life-long
friendship means to me.
But I am miles and miles from her and I am only human.
So I go to my knees crying out to my Lord for a miracle. For complete healing. And I wait on his perfect will for Diana.
I ask each of you to please take a minute to pray for Diana, her wonderful husband, Jock and her two beautiful children,
Jenna and Ross.
And while you're at it, would you please include my two other dear girlfriends who are also battling breast cancer, Vicky and Christine. They are just beginning their chemotherapy treatments and
need all the support we can give.
How sobering it is when we are suddenly faced with loved ones fighting against this horrible disease. It causes us to stop and reflect on all the blessings in our lives. To put our focus on what's really important...our family, friends and our faith.
XOXO Nancy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Nancy I also wanted to tell you how happy I am that your daughter does not have MS. but I sure hope they can figure the mystery problem out I will say some prayers.Hugs Julie