Friday, March 6, 2009

WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!!

I began today running around doing laundry, errands, and packing, getting ready to fly to Washington to see my daughter, son-in-law and grandsons. Nothing like putting everything off till the last minute! In the past I was so organized...but now, well, it leaves a lot to be desired. Frank took off for his Friday golf game and I hit the washing machine with laundry, did some ironing, packed, and ran to the bank and Costco. I managed to sneak in a Netflix movie while doing some things around the house. I can't make up my mind on what I should pack since the weather forecast is for snow! YIKES!! Oh well, the only thing that matters to us is spending time with our kids and grandchildren. We can hardly wait.
MEANWHILE, our daughter, Jami and son-in-law, Mike, invited our dear friends Chuck and Rosie to join us for dinner at the kid's house tonight to celebrate my 56th birthday. Rosie brought a pitcher of her famous chocolate martinis and we didn't waste any time finishing those off. They were a hit....at least with Rosie, my mom and I!!!
Hanna got her hair cut and her toes polished today! A special treat from her mom. Doesn't she look SMASHING!!!

OOOH, what pretty toes you have....

Yesterday while I was babysitting (Jami was at the gym working on getting her before pregnancy figure back) Hanna and I decided to work on a "art project". We cut out mermaids from a Valentine card she had received and made tissue paper pleated skirts for them.

She continued to work on it after I left and here is her finished picture...along with her NEW HAIRCUT!!!! What a doll!
Here are some pics from my birthday celebration at the kids house with the girls and Rosie. SOOOOOOoooo much fun!! Rosie and Chuck gave me 8 really neat martini glasses for a birthday gift. So of course we had to try them out! They work great!
Hanna helped her mommy make this yummy birthday cake for me. She decorated it with tons of colorful candy confetti.
Birthdays are so much fun. It doesn't matter how old you are. What matters is who you chose to spend it with. Family and friends are my first choice.

Thank you to Mike, Jami, Hanna, Sofia, Mom, Rosie , Chuck and my dear Hubby for making this evening so wonderful. I love you all and appreciate that you made my birthday so special. Who could ask for anything more.
Now I am off to bed and will travel to Washington to spend the next 7 days with my youngest daughter, Bre and her huby, Kyle and my darling grandsons, Cole and Cade. WOW, what an awesome birthday I am having. I am in heaven when I can spend time with my kids and their families. Life doesn't get better then this!!

No comments: