Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Art in the Making


Today was Art Group......always my favorite day of the week.....an opportunity to be surrounded by Art in the Making. It's such a good vibe. Erica has been working on this piece from her Girl's Weekend" for a few months now. (Is she a perfectionist?) Of course, me being the novice that I am, thinks it is incredibly wonderful as it is. But in her eyes it is not finished. So she continues to paint, paint, paint.

Isn't she darling? So is her personality. A real HOOT! She keeps all of us on our toes. Erica has been painting for many years and is extremely talented. Oh, if only I could steal a little of that talent away!
You should take a moment to check out Erica's website and view many more of her amazing paintings. Who knows, you might even find something you just HAVE TO HAVE! Erica's website:
Erica’s website at http://www.ericaeschmann.com

You can tell by Erica's picture that her girlfriends are a lot of fun....kooky glasses and all!

Meanwhile, I seam to have lost my Mojo. I just don't seem to be able to get it right. Actually, after taking 4 months off I think it's time to take a few more classes. Anyway, here is what I splattered together today.
I had some time to kill so did this little pic free-hand.

Our group has this sweet, energetic, little Chinese gal named, Fong Fong. She does the most beautiful wired flowers and origami. She starts with gold wire and wraps the whole length round and round a large knitting needle. Then stretches it out and shapes it into different size individual circles. The next step she take this stretchy fine colored fabric (from China) and stretches it over the circles and shapes them into petals.


Fong Fong gathers about 7 petals together with stamen in the middle and this is what she ends up with...................BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS!!

She took us to her house after Art Group for show and tell. She is a very talented Origami artist.
Take a look at some of the things she has made.

This was my favorite. It is about 12 to 14 inches tall and is a spectacular vase. I really encouraged her to do more vases and put them up for sale in an art gallery. This vase is made from newspaper!
I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to be involved in this group of talented people. It's good for the soul. And hopefully I will continue to improve under their tutelage.
Tomorrow my good friend Sue and I are heading up to Scottsdale Fashion Square for an afternoon of shopping and then out to dinner. I can hardly wait. I love Girl Time. I'm hoping to find a dress for a wedding we will be attending in Texas in November.
Now it's time shower and think about heading to bed. Exercise at 5:30 AM tomorrow...UHG!
Nighty Nite All
XOXO Nancy

No comments: