Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Back In The Saddle

Now that Christmas is over and the decorations are all packed away until next Dec. it is time to get back in the swing of things and start creating again.
Been working on some more soldering and have these pieces all ready to solder. I had originally planned on just making up about four pendants but I kind of got on a roll and just kept going! I love it when my creative juices get rev'd up and there is no stopping.



About 3 years ago I purchased a cute lamp while up in WA visiting my daughter. We were out shopping and stopped at this darling home decor store near her home when I spotted this polka dot lamp. I just had to have it. I had no idea where I was going to put it, but since it was my colors and so unusual, I couldn't pass it up. The problem was that I misplaced the base of the lamp and have not been able to find it since. While cleaning out my back closets I happened upon it. Yippee!!! I had a spot waiting for it in my studio next to the bunk beds.
I think I must have a "thing" for fun black and white lamps cause I found another one last spring when out shopping with Jami. Again, this lamp sat on a shelf waiting for just the right spot for several months. After taking down all the holiday decor I realized that it would look great on the table behind my sectional. So I changed some things around and presto-chango, a new look!

I moved this sweet little lamp to my entry chest and I love it there. It provides a warm, soft lighting as you enter our home.

It was also time to do some rearranging in my wall openings. Looking at these pictures I realize that you aren't able to see that my walls are a light green. Well, they are. And that helps to make the black and red items pop.
Decided that my dining room table needed some flash for these winter months, even though it is in the high 70's here!!! So I brought out the silver, crystal and red to glam it up a bit.
Today we spent the late morning and early afternoon celebrating the life of our dear friend, Herb Betcher, who lived with his wife, Millie, a few houses down from ours here in Trilogy. Herb was 79 yrs. old and died suddenly a couple weeks ago. Frank had the honor of eulogizing Herb today at the service and did a wonderful job. We are all going to miss him terribly as he was a man who lived life to the fullest, with a wide smile, a kind heart and an enthusiastic attitude towards life.

As one life is taken another one is given......our Jami is in sparatic labor right now and will probably give birth any day. We really thought it was going to be last night since she was have strong contractions for several hours...but then little Sofia must have decided that she liked her little warm cocoon and didn't want to leave just yet, much to Jami's disgust. So we will see what tonight brings. I will lay out my clothes, toothbrush and comb just in case!
Now it is time to log off and curl up in my favorite chair to read my new Somerset Studio Artful Blogging magazine. Hopefully, I will be able to pick up some tips to improve my blog.
Good Night!!

No comments: