Thursday, April 30, 2009

SHOW AND TELL

I have so much to tell you and even more to show you. It's been a fun five days since I last posted. (I think it's been 5 days anyway!) Frank and I returned early this evening from 3 days in Prescott and Jerome, AZ with three other couples. The guys golfed, the girls shopped, we all took a train ride, ate delicious food, drank margaritas and had a wonderful time hanging out together.
So let's start with the important stuff........SHOPPING!!!! Here is the jewelry that I purchased at two different art galleries in Jerome from local artists. This necklace and earring are made by Christy Fisher from recycled glass. So colorful and I love the bent wire chain she has made.
I had a hard time deciding on the next purchase. At one point I had three different pair of earrings at the cash register until Frank finally helped me make up my mind. These clay earrings are made by artist Kim Caisse of Bee Design. I wear a lot of orange so opted for these. I just love the whimsical design of each being a little different.
Here we all are enjoying a scrumptious breakfast at The Prescott Resort. The view was amazing.
The second day we took the Verde Canyon 4 hr. train ride. The restored train rambled along at about 12 miles per hour which allowed us to sit outside in the warm air and take in all the landscape. Here's my dear friend Rosie taking in the beauty of the Verde River.
We spotted eagles, a fox, hawks, the red rock, old farm buildings from the early 1900's and much more. Here is the back half of our train. You can see the open cars where you can come out and sit.
Here's some of the gang enjoying the sights. We went in the first-class car and were served tons of yummy appetizers along with champagne!
This morning we headed to Jerome and spent the day going through all the shops in the VERY OLD mining town built right into the hillside. So cool!
So I promised to show you the results of my glass fusion class, so here they are.
This is the dish I made for myself. I think it came out pretty good. I wasn't able to get a good picture of the actual color of the light reddish-looking rectangle between the two black stripes. But it is really an iridescent white and really pretty.
Then there is the ACCIDENT DISH!!!! I was bummed as this is the dish I was making for my mom and I guess unbeknowest to me, there must have been a hairline fracture in the lavender piece of glass, since it broke during firing.


Then to make matters worse, the lady who was firing it accidentally dropped it on the way out to the car and broke a big piece out of it that shattered all over the ground. So now what do I do with this??? Good thing she is allowing me to come make another one at no cost to me!!
The night before we left for Prescott I had a few gals over for a lipstick party. Through a friend I came across this lipstick that literally stays on all day! It comes in a tube in liquid form.
Here's Pam showing a couple of the girls how it works. It's called Lip Sense. Of course, we all bought it.
On Saturday Jami and I are hosting a table for our church's Women's Ministry Tea. I thought the hostess information pamphlets were so cute that I had to show you.
Here's what's leftover from my packing some gifts for our guests!
Oh, and the first half of Monday, I spent several hours in my studio filling some special orders for my canvas art.
And finally, my sweet little granddaughter, Hanna, gave me her treasured Tinkerbell outfit to sew up an accidental tear while dressing up. I hate to admit that she asked me to fix this several weeks ago and I finally took care of it. She will be so happy to get it back, I just hope it still fits her!!
So that's the last few days in a nutshell. Tomorrow I will put the finishing touches on our table decorations, work on laundry, stop by the grocery store, eat dinner with our daughter and her family, love on our little granddaughters and hopefully get to talk to our favorite (and only) grandsons..................and life continues to be good!!

No comments: