Saturday, November 29, 2008

HAPPY HOLIDAY HECTIC TIME!

Wow, did we just have Thanksgiving? It's hard to believe that we are done eating our big, yummy, turkey dinner, scrambled out early for Black Friday morning shopping and are now winding down to the last days of November.
We woke Thanksgiving morning to a phone call from Coleman wishing us a Happy Thanksgiving. That is always a happy was to start our day.
Frank and I enjoyed the company of our daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter, my mom and Mike's mom for our Thanksgiving dinner. We are so thankful to have all of them here to celebrate with us, but were sad that Bre and her family weren't here. We miss them terribly. The kids came over in the early afternoon. Hanna posed for this picture wearing her handmade Indian headband from her preschool Thanksgiving Day feast. Her little crafted turkey had a special place on top of the big white pumpkin in my centerpiece.

I always worry that my turkey won't turn out........but I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled it out of the oven. It browned up perfectly, was moist and tasty and the dressing was delicious. I think the half bottle of white wine I mixed into the dressing was a real help! It sure made my house smell good.

After dinner Frank took Hanna and her new golf bag and clubs up to the golf course to practice her swing. Here she is modeling the new PINK golf bag and PINK clubs that her Farfar (that's Swedish for father's father) bought her last weekend while he was visiting. Pretty snazzy for a
4 yr. old!!
While getting her bag ready to go she asked Papa, "Which club is my pitter?"

I joined the other "crazies" out shopping before sunlight yesterday. I was able to get several more gifts crossed off my shopping list for Christmas. Of course, we also have Bre and Coleman's birthdays in December to shop for. I met up with Jami and her friend, Carolyn (they started an hour and a half before me) and we hit a couple more stores. Frank escaped to the golf course.
About 2:3o pm I arrived home with my haul. I spent the next several hours getting my Christmas tree up, decorating my dining room table, entry chest, and living room tables until Hanna came over to spend the night.
Today I was at Jami's from 10 am to 4:00pm getting her house decorated. I also finished the valance in the nursery. Since I forgot my camera I will post those pictures later. Everyone came back over here tonight to eat leftovers and I am now heading to bed. I'm not ashamed to say that I am "pooped"! It's been a long few days, but happy ones.



No comments: