Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1st A New President.......then new canvas art

Hopefully everyone was able to watch today's historical Inauguration of Barack Obama. The crowds were amazing. I don't envy him his full plate of issues that need to be addressed, but I do wish him great success. And I thought Michelle Obama and their daughters looked fantastic. Loved all the color.
Then is was in to my studio for me. Time to get back to work after taking several days off to enjoy my new granddaughter. I decided to try out a couple ideas for Valentine's Day. Seems like there are not a lot of Valentine decorations out there at the decor stores. Here's a couple pictures of my first canvas. It's done in a darker red background with black and white accents.


I went with a lighter, brighter red in this one. Both of these are done on 8x8 canvas. This is a nice size to sit on a picture stand.

At the last minute I created this little 4 x 4 canvas. Again the picture doesn't do them justice. They all are covered with irrediscent glitter to make them pop.
Frank and I went for a long walk this morning. It was so beautiful and warm out we couldn't wait to get out and enjoy it. We still have to pinch ourselves to believe that it is January and not May! We came home and threw the doors open. Since I watched the Inaugauration and then gave my hubby a haircut, I didn't get into my studio until noon. The next time I looked at the clock it was 4:20pm! WHOA....where did the day go? I still have a couple other ideas that I want to get onto canvas for a Valentine theme so will have to get on that before the week is out.
I'm of to Scrapbook Club in the morning and then hope to stop by and see my granddaughters. Oh, and by the way, LOVED Michelle Obama's white ball gown this evening!!

No comments: